It’s MEMBERSHIP TIME!
Please jump over to our Membership Page
to join and be part of the BIUG for 2015. Only $30!
We accept PAYPAL or contact me to send a check.
Events and Website Updates
- 12-16-14 Please check out the photos from the Waimea show!
- 10-30-14 Notes from Wailoa 2014
- 9-30-14 A nice little read about one person’s efforts to create an Ukulele Museum in Arizona…From Chris
- 9-11-14 Very inspirational message from Kimo Hussey about Patience
- 8-29-14 Tom Parse recently sent me a video of his recently created kerning jig. He created it using parts from around the shop. Nice! Maybe this could be a workshop item?
Check out the video of the jig in action.
- 5-24-14 Tom Parse has made a selection of finely crafted ukuleles available for sale. Please check them out!
- 5-23-14 “Guitar: The Instrument That Rocked the World,” a national touring exhibition on display through Labor Day at Bishop Museum, explores all things guitar from many perspectives. Worth checking out if you’re Honolulu-way.
- 4-26-14 Our first builders’ workshop on Saturday was a success as seven members enjoyed a convivial atmosphere in Tom Russell’s Kona side shop while building mini-thickness sanders. An afternoon of cutting plywood, some machine work and final assembly produced a very useful attachment to our bench sanders - perfect for thinning smaller work pieces.
- 4-18-14 Nice video on the making of a soprano ukulele by Peter Hurney is now available on our Luthier’s Page.
- 3-14-14 A new internet service enables time-syncronized jamming over the net! Check it out: JamKazam
- 2-12-14 Another interesting video, this one on bracing. Are your chisels this sharp?